Another 700,000 Utahns just became eligible for COVID-19 vaccine on Monday — the first day, officially, that people age 50 and up could sign up for an appointment.
People with diabetes, chronic kidney disease or a body mass index of 30 or higher also became eligible, Gov. Spencer Cox announced last Thursday. He asked Utahns wait until Monday to book their appointments, to allow locations to prepare for the rush of new cases — but some agencies didn’t wait, and started making appointments Thursday.
So where does one get an appointment? The Utah Department of Health is working through county and regional health departments, health care companies and pharmacy chains to distribute the vaccine as widely and as quickly as possible. Cox has said his policy is to “embrace the chaos,” and he encouraged residents to keep checking back when they can’t get an immediate slot. The sites saw demand surge on Monday.
In all cases, the first rule is: Sign up for an appointment online first.
County and regional health departments
Process: Click on the appropriate button, fill out a registration form and look for an available appointment time.
Location: Legacy Events Center, 151 S. 1100 West, Farmington.
Salt Lake County
Process: Fill out a registration form, and the site will offer available appointment times and locations.
• Salt Palace Convention Center, 100 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City.
• Maverik Center, 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City.
• Mountain American Expo Center, 9575 S. State St., Sandy.
Process: Fill out a pre-registration form. The county will notify the user by email when they can schedule an appointment.
Location: Utah Film Studios, 4001 Kearns Blvd., Park City.
Process: The website will list vaccination events that have available appointments.
• Utah County Health Department clinic, 151 S. University Ave., Provo.
• Utah County Vaccine Clinic, 955 N. Main St., Spanish Fork (the old Shopko).
Around the state
Check other county and regional health departments for more information.
Process: Fill out a questionnaire to determine eligibility. Then, a list of available appointment slots should appear. If not, the user will be put on a waiting list.
Locations: Seven across Utah.
• Logan Regional Hospital, 500 E. 1400 North, Logan.
• McKay-Dee Hospital, 4401 Harrison Blvd, Ogden.
• The Orthopedic Surgical Hospital, 5848 S. 300 East, Murray.
• Park City Hospital, 900 Round Valley Dr., Park City.
• Riverton Hospital, 3741 W. 12600 South, Riverton.
• St. George Regional Hospital, 1380 E Medical Center Dr., St. George.
• Utah Valley Hospital, 1034 N. 500 West, Provo.
Process: Fill out a pre-registration form. The company will notify the user by email when they can schedule an appointment.
Locations: Five along the Wasatch Front:
• Megaplex Theatres at Legacy Crossing, 1075 W. Legacy Crossing Blvd., Centerville.
• Megaplex Theatres at Valley Fair, 3601 S. 2400 West, West Valley City.
• Megaplex Theatres at The District, 3761 W. Parkway Plaza Dr., South Jordan.
• Megaplex Theatres at Thanksgiving Point, 2935 N. Thanksgiving Way, Lehi.
• Megaplex Theatres at Geneva, 600 N. Mill Rd., Vineyard.
• Nomi Orem Vaccine Clinic, 1350 Sandhill Rd., Orem.
University of Utah Health
Process: University of Utah Health is notifying “select patients” — located through medical records of patients already in the U.’s system — to make appointments. The U. is recommending patients schedule appointments through their MyChart account.
Locations: Five along the Wasatch Front.
• University of Utah Hospital, 50 Medical Dr. North, Salt Lake City.
• University of Utah Redwood Health Center, 1525 W. 2100 South, Salt Lake City.
• University of Utah Sugar House Health Center, 1280 E. Stringham Ave., Salt Lake City. (March 8-10, possibly more later in March.)
• University of Utah South Jordan Health Center, 5126 W. Daybreak Parkway, South Jordan. (March 8-10, possibly more later in March.)
• University of Utah Farmington Health Center, 165 N. University Ave, Farmington.
Stores and pharmacies
The following chains are slated to have COVID-19 vaccines available. Go to their websites to schedule an appointment and find a nearby location. Availability varies by store.
• Albertson’s: https://www.albertsons.com/pharmacy
• Dan’s: https://vaccines.dansfoods.com/
• Dick’s: https://vaccines.dicksmarket.com/
• Fresh Market: https://vaccines.freshmarketstores.com/
• Lee’s Marketplace: https://vaccines.leesmarketplace.com/
• Maceys: https://vaccines.maceys.com/
• Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302
This list will be updated.