It may only be February, but this is the time of the year Utahns traditionally begin thinking about the many spring and summer outdoor activities as several trade shows are coming up soon.
The events, selling the latest in gear, draw thousands looking for a deal or seeking information.
Here are five to consider:
• Western Hunting and Conservation Expo, Feb. 8-11 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is scheduled to address hunters from throughout the country who converge on Salt Lake to bid on hunting tags, look at exhibits from hunting guides and manufacturers and enjoy entertainment. More information: hunterexpo.com
• Utah Boat Show and Water Expo, Feb. 8-15, Mountain America Expo Center — formerly the South Towne Expo Center — in Sandy. This will include wakeboarding exhibitions, BMX shows, cooking demonstrations, dog agility training workshops and hundreds of the latest boats. More information: greenband.com
• Sportsmen’s Vacation and RV Show, Feb. 15-18, Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy. It includes travel bureaus from around the Intermountain area, the latest in trailers and motorhomes and a number of exhibitors. More information: greenband.com
• The Rocky Mountain Gun Show, March 3-4, Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy. More information: rockymountaingunshow.com
• International Sportsmen’s Expo, March 15-18, Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy. The latest in camping, fishing and all sorts of outdoor gear. More information: sportsexpo.com.