facebook-pixel

More snow is headed to northern Utah through the weekend

(Rick Bowmer | Associated Press photo) Real Salt Lake fans sit through a snowstorm during an MLS soccer match against Sporting Kansas City, Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020, in Sandy, Utah. More snow is expected in northern Utah throughout the week.

After seeing snow throughout much of Utah on Sunday, residents of the northern part of the state should brace for more storms throughout the week.
Yes, that’s plural. Multiple snowstorms are in the National Weather Service’s forecast.
There’s a 40% chance of snow and patchy fog Monday, and a 20% chance of snow showers Monday night. That probability is 30% Tuesday and 50% Wednesday. Not much accumulation is expected in the Salt Lake City area — less than half an inch Tuesday; less than an inch Tuesday night; less than an inch Thursday — but “significant snow” is possible in the northern Wasatch Mountains and areas along the Idaho border.

After a mostly sunny Thursday, another storm will bring snow to the mountains and a mix of rain and snow to valleys Friday through Sunday. And it’s not expected to warm up much; the NWS forecast calls for highs in the mid- to high 30s and overnight lows in the mid-20s through the weekend.
Snow is expected to continue in southern, central and eastern Utah into Monday afternoon, with “significant” accumulations in some areas. And there could be a “hard freeze” in the St. George area on Monday night.
But the storm is expected to move out Monday, and southern Utah can expect sunny weather beginning Tuesday, with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s through Saturday — and a high of 64 on Sunday.
Comments:  (0)