University of Utah football player accused of raping teen girl charged with raping two other women

(photo courtesy Salt Lake County Jail) Terrell Perriman

A University of Utah football player who was charged earlier this month with allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl is now facing more charges after prosecutors allege he raped two other women.

Terrell Perriman, a 20-year-old wide receiver for the U., is now charged with a total of eight felonies: Three counts of rape, two charges of forcible sodomy, a count of forcible sexual abuse and aggravated kidnapping.

Perriman was initially faced a single count of rape and a charge of aggravated kidnapping, accused of assaulting a teen girl he met on Instagram.

Prosecutors amended the charges Friday, adding accusations that Perriman raped two other women in Salt Lake County — one just three days before he allegedly raped the teen girl.

That woman reported that she went to Perriman’s home after he text her and told her his roommate would be there. Perriman took her to his room and allegedly asked when she would stop “teasing” him and have sex with him.

The woman said she did not want to, according to charges, but Perriman grabbed her and pulled off her leggings and underwear and raped her.

A third woman reported that Perriman forced her to perform oral sex twice between October and November 2018 while they were at her home.

Perriman was arrested Jan. 30 after the 17-year-old girl reported he assaulted her.

The girl reported that, on Jan. 23, Perriman sent her an Uber ride so she could come to his apartment. Once there, charges allege, he trapped her in his room and wouldn’t let her leave. The teen told police she was afraid after she saw that Perriman had a stun gun.

She asked him if she could go, according to court documents, and he said only after she had sexual contact with him. She told him she didn’t want to and that she was only 17 and in high school. Perriman allegedly blocked the door, took her cellphone and covered her mouth while she screamed.

The girl said he then pulled his pants down and forced her out of hers and raped her, according to court documents. Perriman then ordered another Uber and sent the teen home, according to the probable cause statement.

Perriman was dismissed from the U.'s football team late Friday afternoon after initially being suspended after his arrest.

“Today, we were made aware of additional charges that led to our decision to dismiss him," Utes head coach Kyle Whittingham said in a statement. "Because of the ongoing legal process, and with Terrell no longer a part of our program, we will have no further comments regarding the situation.”

Perriman is currently at the Salt Lake County jail in lieu of $750,000 bail — an amount his attorney, David Drake, has contested.

Drake wrote in court papers that Perriman did not rape the teen girl, and that she made the allegations after she found out that Perriman was not dating her exclusively. He argued that text messages showed that the girl continued to talk with Perriman after the alleged assault, and she was not fearful of him.

Perriman is expected to be in court again on March 2, when his attorney will argue for his bail to be lowered.

Tribune reporter Josh Newman contributed to this story.