Capt. Kirk is coming back to FanX.
William Shatner, the actor who originated the character of Capt. James T. Kirk on the original “Star Trek,” is one of the celebrities scheduled to appear at the 2022 edition of the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, which will run Sept. 22-24 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Other celebrities booked for the show, and announced Tuesday over social media, are:
• Actor Giancarlo Esposito, whose many credits include “Breaking Bad” and “Do the Right Thing.”
• Actor Rachel Skarssten, who currently appears as Beth Kane on “Batwoman.”
• Actor Dante Basco, best known as Rufio in Steven Spielberg’s “Hook.”
• Actor Nolan North, the original Nathan Drake in the “Uncharted” video game series.
• Voice actor Jess Harnell, best known for “Animaniacs” and other cartoons, and for his rock-star appearance at past conventions.
• Voice actor Tara Strong, who has voiced Timmy Turner on “The Fairly OddParents,” Raven on “Teen Titans Go!” and Miss Minutes in Marvel’s “Loki.”
• Voice actor Kyle Hebert, best known for his work on “Dragon Ball Z.”
• Voice actor Todd Haberkorn, who has provided voices for hundreds of TV shows and video games.
• Voice actor Lindsay Seidel, who has done English-language dubs for “My Hero Academia” and other Japanese works.
More guests are expected to be announced between now and September.
The convention not only brings together fans of multiple fandoms with famous guests — past guests include Tom Holland (”Spider-Man: No Way Home”), Adelaide Kane (“Reign”), Tom Felton (“Harry Potter”) and the late Stan Lee — but also features panels, cosplay, author signings and a vendor floor with hundreds of stalls selling pop-culture memorabilia.