Fans of the touring Broadway musical “Dear Evan Hansen” who couldn’t get tickets for the show’s sold-out run at Salt Lake City’s Eccles Theater can still win a chance to buy $25 tickets — through the show’s lottery drawing.
“Dear Evan Hansen” debuts at the Eccles on Wednesday, March 4, and runs through Saturday, March 14.
The drawing works like this:
• Register to start an account on LuckySeat.com.
• Enter for the drawing for the next day’s show before 11 a.m.
• Winners will be drawn at 11 a.m.
• Winners have until 4 p.m. to purchase tickets, for $25 each; limit 2 tickets per person.
• The name on one’s account must match the name on one’s photo ID.
• Some seats may have obstructed view, and some may not be seated together (though the theater will try to keep two people together).
The first drawing is Tuesday, March 3, for tickets for the opening night on Wednesday, March 4.
“Dear Evan Hansen” tells the story of a boy with social anxiety, who writes letters to himself on the advice of his therapist. When a classmate takes one of Evan’s letters and later commits suicide, the adults around him mistake the letter for the classmate’s suicide note — setting in motion a series of events that no one, least of all Evan, can control.
The musical — with songs by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (“La La Land,” “The Greatest Showman”) — won six Tony Awards in 2017, including Best Musical.