Here are some of the recent documentaries or feature films that explore Mormonism in general or specifically The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have attracted widespread attention:
• “Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey” — About the polygamous Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
• “Mormon No More” — About a lesbian couple who leave the faith over its stance on same-sex marriage.
• “LuLaRich” — About a multilevel marketing scheme run by Latter-day Saints.
•”Murder Among the Mormons” — About the infamous case of bomber-forger Mark Hofmann.
• “Under the Banner of Heaven” — About the murder of Latter-day Saint mother and her 18-month-old daughter by her brothers-in-law told through the eyes of a fictional detective.
Now comes word of more such films that soon may be streaming near you.
• “The Manacled Mormon,” — About the alleged kidnapping of a missionary in England (already depicted in “Tabloid,” by legendary documentarian Errol Morris).
• “Sins of Our Mother,” — About the ongoing murder case against Latter-day Saints Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell.
• “A Friend of the Family” — A series based on the documentary “Abducted in Plain Sight,” about a naive Idaho family who fall prey to the manipulations of a fellow Latter-day Saint, who twice kidnaps an adolescent daughter.