facebook-pixel

Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star vandalized

This photo shows Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame that was vandalized Wednesday, July 25, 2018, in Los Angeles. Los Angeles police Officer Ray Brown said the vandalism was reported early Wednesday and someone was subsequently taken into custody. Authorities said a pickax was used in the vandalism. (AP Photo/Reed Saxon)

Los Angeles • A vandal has destroyed President Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Los Angeles police Officer Ray Brown says the vandalism was reported around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, and someone was subsequently taken into custody. Brown did not have any further information about the person.

Brown says a pickax was used in the vandalism.

The star placed on Hollywood Boulevard near Highland Avenue in 2007 recognizes Trump for his work on the reality show "The Apprentice."

Trump’s star was previously vandalized by a man swinging a sledgehammer and pickax days before the November 2016 election.

Help The Tribune report the stories others can’t—or won’t.

For over 150 years, The Salt Lake Tribune has been Utah’s independent news source. Our reporters work tirelessly to uncover the stories that matter most to Utahns, from unraveling the complexities of court rulings to allowing tax payers to see where and how their hard earned dollars are being spent. This critical work wouldn’t be possible without people like you—individuals who understand the importance of local, independent journalism.  As a nonprofit newsroom, every subscription and every donation fuels our mission, supporting the in-depth reporting that shines a light on the is sues shaping Utah today.

You can help power this work.