Standing water in the kitchen, caused by a leaky roof, forced the closure of a Mexican restaurant in Sandy on Thursday.

Health inspectors closed Los Floribetos Mexican Food, 8732 S. State St., according to a notice on the Salt Lake County Health Department website.

Water was just one of 28 health violations found at the eatery — 11 of which were considered critical to human health, the report notes.

The restaurant will remained closed until the owners can make necessary repairs and changes and inspectors deem it safe for the public.

Among the problems found by inspectors:

• Roof was leaking in the dry storage room and throughout the kitchen and dining area.

• There was standing water on the kitchen floor.

• Employees were eating in food preparation areas; employee food was stored on food prep areas.

• Cooked meat was being held in a three-compartment sink at 75 degrees — not hot enough to prevent bacterial growth.

• Taquitos were stored in non-food-grade containers.

• Tortillas were stored in a non-food-grade bag.

• Interior of the microwave, shelves in the dry storage and fan covers in the walk-in cooler were dirty.