The Grand County Sheriff’s Office said a man mentioned in recently unsealed warrants has been ruled out as a suspect in the double murder of a married couple last year.
In a statement Wednesday, the sheriff’s office said the search warrants related to the murders of Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte were filed in “the initial days of the South Mesa Double Homicide” and were allowed to expire.
The bodies of Turner and Schulte were found on Aug. 18 at a campsite outside Moab. Before her death, Schulte had told friends that there was a “creepy man” at the campsite and “that if something happened to them, they were murdered.”
One of the unsealed search warrants detailed a driver who was stopped by a deputy who found the man “so unnerving that the veteran law enforcement officer decided not to write the speeding ticket as he did not want to take his eyes off [the man].”
For more about the investigation into the double murder, visit FOX 13.
This article is published through the Utah News Collaborative, a partnership of news organizations in Utah that aim to inform readers across the state.