There has been a sixth arrest in the abduction and murder of a Kearns woman last month.
The latest suspect is a 26-year-old man who allegedly helped dispose of the body of Conzuelo “Nicole” Solorio-Romero, 25.
According to Unified Police, on Feb. 6 Solorio-Romero was “forcibly taken” from her Kearns home to a West Valley City residence by two men, where she was shot in the head. Her body has not yet been located.
Orlando Esiesa Tobar, 29, and Jorge Rafael Medina-Reyes, 21, have since been charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping and obstruction of justice. According to court documents, they were angry with Solorio-Romano because they believed she provided information to police that resulted in the arrest of one of their friends.
Earlier this week, police arrested three more suspects. A 38-year-old woman and her 22-year-old son were booked into jail for investigation of murder, kidnapping and obstruction of justice; a 27-year-old man is under investigation for kidnapping and obstruction of justice.
According to a probable cause statement, the 27-year-old suspect told police he was at the West Valley residence when Tobar and Medina Reyes brought the victim there. He said he was outside the apartment when he heard a gunshot, and that he accompanied the other suspects to a restaurant after the shooting.
The 27-year-old man told police he overheard Tobar on the phone calling someone known as “the mechanic” to tell him to come and help dispose of the body. He said Tobar left the restaurant with that man to return to the West Valley City residence, and that the two “left in a white truck with a trailer to go get rid of Nicole’s body.”
Police say they identified the man as the 26-year-old suspect, who was arrested Thursday and, pending formal charges, booked into the Salt Lake County jail for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Authorities are continuing to search for the victim’s body.
The Salt Lake Tribune generally does not name suspects until they have been charged with a crime.