A 32-year-old West Valley City man who was arrested in May for trying to coerce a 16-year-old girl to have sex with him has now been charged in that case — and with kidnapping and raping a second 16-year-old girl.

Alan Javier Tinoco was arrested in early May after the first teenager reported that he asked her for nude photos and videos of herself, which she sent. According to court documents, Tinoco, who told the girl he was 19, then told her if she didn't have sex with him, he would share the nudes with her family and friends.

The girl alerted police; she arranged to meet with Tinoco; police arrested him when he showed up. According to the probable cause statement, he admitted sharing nude photos with the teenager after he learned she was 16 and to telling her he would share her nude photos if she didn't have sex with him. He also said “he was joking and never intended to actually have sex with her.”

On Wednesday, Tinoco was charged in that case in 3rd District Court with sexual exploitation of a minor and enticing a minor by internet or text, both second-degree felonies; and dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a third-degree felony. The exploitation and enticing charges carry possible sentences of one to 15 years in prison; the harmful-materials charge carries a possible sentence of up to five years in prison.

Also Wednesday, Tinoco was charged in a second case. Another 16-year-old girl said that she met him in March and that he touched her intimately, even though she told him repeatedly to stop. According to charging documents, the girl said Tinoco took her to a motel and raped her. She said she “bit Tinoco to get him off of her and ran into the bathroom.” He took her to a motel a second time, held her wrists down and allegedly tried to rape her but she kicked him, pushed him and ran outside.

The victim said Tinoco told her he had a naked picture of her “and that he was going to blackmail [her] if she didn’t go on any more dates” with him. She said that, on April 16, she was walking home when Tinoco drove up behind her, grabbed her arms and dragged her into his car. He took her to a motel, but she refused to go in with him and he eventually returned her to where he had picked her up.

According to police, they downloaded a conversation from the girl’s phone in which Tinoco claimed to be 17 years old and asked for “sexy” pictures.

In the second case, Tinoco was charged with rape, attempted rape, object rape and aggravated kidnapping, all first-degree felonies; and enticing a minor, a class A misdemeanor. The felony charges each carry a possible sentence of five years to life in prison.

A $250,000 warrant for Tinoco’s arrest was issued; he was not in custody as of Thursday night.