Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Blankets fallen on hot light blamed for N. Salt Lake blaze
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A stack of blankets that tipped over onto a halogen light left lit on the floor were blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a commercial office and warehouse complex in North Salt Lake.

South Davis Metro Fire Chief Jim Rampton said Thursday that the 8:50 p.m. Wednesday blaze at 645 N. Taylor Way caused more than $100,000 in damage to the warehouse, which was being used by the Charity Anywhere Foundation, an international aid group.

"We're calling the cause 'accidental' in this fire," he said.

Crews from Farmington and Salt Lake City assisted in dousing the two-alarm fire within 10 minutes of their arrival

No one was in the building at the time the fire started, Rampton said.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Login to the Electronic Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.