Each week, we’ll recap notable performances from local BYU, Utes, USU and SUU alumni in the NFL. Here’s what stood out from Wild Card weekend of the 2017 NFL Playoffs:
Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs (Tennessee won, 22-21)
• Chiefs QB Alex Smith (Utah) completed 24 of 33 passes for 264 yards and two touchdowns. He also had four carries for 13 yards in all 58 offensive snaps.
• Chiefs safety Daniel Sorensen (BYU) had two tackles and one assist in 67 defensive snaps and five special teams snaps.
• Titans CB Brice McCain (Utah) played 11 special teams snaps.
Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams (Atlanta won, 26-13)
• Falcons DE Derrick Shelby (Utah) played 15 defensive snaps and nine special teams snaps.
Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints (New Orleans won, 31-26)
• Panthers DT Star Lotulelei (Utah) had one tackle in 35 defensive snaps and six special teams snaps.
• Panthers OG Tyler Larsen (USU) played eight special teams snaps.
• Panthers WR Kaelin Clay (Utah) had three catches for 32 yards and returned two punts for 11 yards in 42 offensive snaps and four special teams snap.
• Saints safety Marcus Williams (Utah) had six tackles and two assists in 71 defensive snaps and 13 special teams snaps.
• Saints QB Taysom Hill (BYU) played 16 special teams snaps.