Almost dropped my pablum bowl this morning when I read that white Mormon male Utah Republicans in San Juan County are complaining (again).
The complaint this time is that they have been gerrymandered. After the laughter died down, I couldn’t decide on a proper response:
1. Those who live by the sword die by it.
2. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
3. Truth will out.
4. Do unto others as you would have …
5. Your sins will find you out.
6. Get out of the kitchen if you can’t stand the heat.
7. If the shoe fits, wear it.
8. You hit me first.
I finally settled on 9. It takes one to know one.
The truth is they have been gerrymandered. The Utah Republican Legislature carved them into a congressional district where opposition to the Republican/Libertarian candidate is split to ensure that only an ultraconservative can be elected. At least San Juan hasn’t been split down the middle like Park City, or cut into fourths like Salt Lake County.
My recommendation is: 10. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
Bill Miller, Salt Lake City