May 2 update • The Salt Lake County Health Department has allowed this restaurant to reopen.

April 30 • Food and debris left on the boba smoothie machine and raw chicken touching fresh cabbage in the cooler were among the reported citations forcing the closure of a fast-casual restaurant in South Jordan on Monday.

Riced, 11428 S. Parkway Plaza Drive, was closed by Salt Lake County Health Department for presenting “an imminent health hazard,” according to a notice posted on the department website.

In all, the restaurant, which uses the slogan “Fast Fresh Chinese,” had 34 health code violations — 18 of which were deemed critical to human health.

The restaurant will remain shuttered until the owner can fix the problems and health department inspectors determine it is safe for the public.

Among the most critical violations cited at the restaurant:

• Raw chicken stored in contact with ready-to-eat cabbage in the walk-in cooler.

• Boba smoothie machine soiled with old food and debris.

• Interior surfaces of the ventilation hood were heavily soiled with grease.

• Ceiling, walls and floors were dirty in various areas, including beneath the three-compartment sink and cooking equipment, and in the walk-in cooler.

• Employee water cup was found above boba-tea counter — not separated from food preparation areas.

• There was no designated person in charge.

• Cooked chicken, pork and beef were held at 45 degrees on a counter, not hot enough to prevent possible bacteria growth.

• Cooked vegetables, as well as tofu and egg rolls, held at improper temperatures that could promote bacteria growth.

• Tapioca balls also held at the wrong temperature on a counter.

• The hand sink had soiled linens and rubber gloves stored in it.

• A shutoff valve was installed downstream from the atmospheric vacuum breaker on the mop sink.

• Unlabeled white powders on cook-line.

• A reach-in cooler was not maintained to hold potentially hazardous food at or below 41 degrees.