The University of Utah’s chemistry building was evacuated Tuesday after a lab tech dropped a glass container of a potentially toxic chemical, FOX 13 reported.

The chemical was boron trichloride diethelyne, which may become hazardous if it mixes with water, said Tony Allred, captain of the Salt Lake City Fire Department’s hazardous materials response team.

The lab tech was taken to a hospital as a precaution, and the building was evacuated after the spill, which occurred about 6 p.m., Allred said.

The building reopened Wednesday morning.

For more, see FOX 13.

Editor’s note: The Salt Lake Tribune and FOX 13 are content-sharing partners.