When a Utahn saw a group of men at a bar try to force a woman into a bathroom, he tried to intervene. He doesn’t recall what happened after they attacked him.
The next thing 32-year-old Todd Snyder remembers is waking up battered and bloodied outside Jackalope Lounge, 372 S. State St., according to a police report.
Snyder was at the bar with his girlfriend on Saturday when they noticed the woman, who they say told the men “no” multiple times before being pushed into the bathroom. She was soon locked inside with four men. Another reportedly stood outside to block the door.
Snyder got up, pushed past the man outside and banged on the door. A man in a beanie opened the door and reportedly told Snyder: “Mind your own f------ business.” The four then exited the bathroom and punched Snyder.
Salt Lake City police on Wednesday released surveillance footage of five people involved in the clash and asked the public for help to find them.
The assault occurred about 9:30 p.m. in the bar, toward the back of the building, a news release from SLCPD says.
A fundraising page has been set up to help pay for Snyder’s expenses while he misses work and recovers. It says the fight broke Snyder’s jaw, nose and cheekbone. During surgery Sunday, his jaw was wired shut and metal plates were inserted in his face.
He also lost some teeth, according to the police report.
Anyone with information about the people captured on surveillance video is asked to contact Salt Lake City police, who say the people of interest in the assault are:
- A blond woman who was wearing a pink jacket and a gray sweatshirt that had the word “Love” written on it in pink lettering.
- A blond woman who was wearing a black shirt and black pants.
- A man who was wearing sunglasses on his gray and white baseball cap. He was also wearing a hooded sweatshirt that said “G.I. Joe.”
- A man with a goatee who was wearing a black beanie and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
- A bald man who had a goatee and was wearing a gray and black zip-up jacket.
Anyone who may know the identity and-or location of these people of interest is asked to call 801-799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by text to 274637. Tipsters are asked to start text messages with “TIPSLCPD,” which routes them to the Police Department. They can reference case No. 18-8012.