A man burned to death in St. George after adding gasoline to an outdoor fire Wednesday.
St. George police officers responded at 10:12 p.m. to find a man on fire laying on the ground. An officer was able to put the flames out with a garden hose, according to a news release.
The 25-year-old man, who has yet to be identified, was having a fire in a fire pit with a friend when he attempted to stoke the fire with gasoline, police said.
Flames traveled from the pit to his body, up his arms and legs. The man got on the ground and rolled around in a failed attempt at extinguishing the flames, Capt. Mike Giles said.
The man was transported to an emergency room with severe burns but died from the injuries. Giles said the death is not being investigated as a criminal matter.