The host New Orleans Zephyrs beat the Salt Lake Bees 4-2 on Thursday night to avoid a sweep in their four-game Pacific Coast League series. Salt Lake fell behind in the first inning on a two-run homer by Destin Hood. Bees starter Vicente Campos (0-2) took the loss, as he went four innings and allowed three runs on five hits with three walks and two strikeouts. Kaleb Cowart led Salt Lake at the plate with two singles.
PCL baseball: New Orleans Zephyrs beat Salt Lake Bees 4-2 to avoid sweep
First Published May 18 2017 10:24PM • Last Updated May 18 2017 10:24 pm
- Utah Jazz: Sticker shock for some fans as team raises season-ticket prices
- Sportswriter is 'no longer an employee' of Denver Post after 'disrespectful' Indy 500 tweet
- An oral history of The Shot â
- Utah Jazz: Does Derrick Favors still fit in the Jazz's future?
- Utah softball: Utes fall to Washington 2-1, miss out on trip to College World Series
- Golf: Tiger Woods jailed on suspicion of DUI in Florida, released
- Utah athletics: Utes hammering out details on capital projects and more