Quantcast
Home » News » Justice
Home » News » Justice

Colorado notes first death linked to pot since it became legal

First Published Apr 02 2014 11:13AM      Last Updated Apr 02 2014 06:34 pm

Denver • The Denver coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death after eating a marijuana cookie, the first reported death linked to marijuana since the drug became legal for recreational use in Colorado in January.

Nineteen-year-old Levy Thamba died after falling from the balcony of a Denver hotel on March 11. An autopsy report released Wednesday says he died from the fall but also lists "marijuana intoxication" as a contributing factor in his death.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., say Thamba, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes there as an exchange student in January.



Police have not released the findings of their investigation.

 

 

 

 

comments powered by Disqus