Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
NATO nomination to go ahead
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Washington • The White House says it will go ahead with Gen. John Allen's nomination to become NATO commander.

The nomination had been put on hold while the Pentagon investigated Allen's email exchanges with a Florida woman linked to a sex scandal that led David Petraeus to resign as CIA director.

The Pentagon said on Tuesday that its inspector general determined that the email exchanges did not amount to conduct unbecoming an officer.

White House press secretary Jay Carney says he hopes the Senate will consider Allen's nomination "in a timely manner."

The Associated Press

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Login to the Electronic Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.