Quantcast

Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Published November 15, 2012 4:23 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Boise, Idaho • Authorities say an 18-year-old Marine whose body was found in a Meridian apartment died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning.

McQuen Forbush's girlfriend found him unresponsive on the apartment's bedroom floor Saturday afternoon.

The Idaho Statesmen reports (http://bit.ly/W5s2dc ) the Ada County Coroner's report lists the time of death as 3 a.m.

Police Deputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea says the gas-fueled heating system was the only possible source of carbon monoxide identified in the apartment, but the equipment appeared to be operating as it should.

Basterrechea says investigators will try to recreate other variables to find out what went wrong.

Police said Tuesday the apartment had a carbon-monoxide detector but it did not have any batteries in it.

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus