< Previous Page
18. Despite his rise to big man on campus, Wilson has had the same girlfriend since his junior year of high school. She goes to a school in California. "We’re doing the long-distance thing," he says.
19. His favorite food is sushi.
20. He wants to be a vocal leader, although that’s not his personality. "I’m trying to talk more," he says. "When they made me captain, it boosted my confidence and made me happy." Anderson says Wilson has shown leadership throughout camp: "He’s been playing like a captain. Even when we have a bad day out here, he’s confident. He gets everyone together and encourages us to do better."
21. Like the Biblical Sampson, he likes his hair long. "I cut it before, but I like it better long," he says. "I’m growing it out because it fits me."
22. His biggest thrill of playing college football so far is the rush he gets coming out of the tunnel before night games, in particular, at Rice-Eccles.
23. The single thing he wants Utah fans to know right now is that he’s their guy. "I’m the starter and I’m ready," he says. "I’ll be ready for that first game."
24. The most important part of his life is his family. Wilson has an older brother and a younger sister. He says his parents "raised me right," and he remembers that and is grateful. He says if he had a free day to do whatever he wanted anywhere in the world, he would pick to go home, gather everybody around the table for a family dinner, and relax: "I’d just sit around with them and hang out for a while."
GORDON MONSON hosts "The Big Show" with Spence Checketts weekdays from 3-7 p.m. on 97.5 FM/1280 and 960 AM The Zone. Twitter: @GordonMonson.
Copyright 2013 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.