Among the favorites in the women’s skeleton competition is Utah mother of two Noelle Pikus-Pace, but whether she’s up to the challenge remains to be seen.
After finishing fourth in Vancouver four years ago, Pikus-Pace retired from the sport only to change her mind, make a comeback and become a top contender in Sochi. But she’s nursing a back injury and didn’t even take all of her practice runs earlier this week.
NBC will have taped highlights in primetime.
NBC DAYTIME • 2-4 p.m., Ch. 5: Men’s biathlon/20km individual gold medal final; luge - team relay gold medal final runs
NBC PRIMETIME • 7-10:30 p.m., Ch. 5: Men’s figure skating/short program; men’s freestyle skiing/slopestyle gold medal final; women’s speed skating/1000m gold medal final; women’s skeleton
NBC LATE NIGHT • 11:05 p.m.-12:05 a.m., Ch. 5: Women’s short track speedskating/500m gold medal final; men’s short track speedskating/5000m relay competition
• 12:05- 3:30 a.m., Ch. 5 • Repeat of NBC primetime
NBCSN • 5:30-8 a.m.: Men’s hockey/USA vs. Slovakia (live)
• 8 a.m.-1 p.m.: Men’s figure skating/short program (live)
• 1-3 p.m.: Hockey repeat
• 3-5 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
• 1-3 a.m. (early Friday): Men’s curling/USA vs. Germany
• 3-5:30 a.m. (early Friday): Men’s cross-country skiing/15km classical gold medal final (live)
MSNBC • 5:30-8 a.m.: Men’s hockey/Russia vs. Slovenia (live)
• 8-10 a.m.: Men’s curling/Canada vs. Denmark
• 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Women’s hockey: Russia vs. Sweden (live)
• 1-3:30 a.m. (early Friday): Men’s hockey/Latvia vs. Switzerland
CNBC • 3-6 p.m.: Women’s curling/USA vs. Japan
USA • 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Men’s hockey/Canada vs. Norway (live)
• 3-6 a.m. (early Friday): Women’s curling/USA vs. Denmark (live)
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.