Quantcast

Ginobili says he's staying with Spurs for 2 years

Published July 3, 2013 11:08 am

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

San Antonio • Manu Ginobili is sticking around to see if the San Antonio Spurs can get back to the top.

Ginobili tweeted Wednesday that he is staying with the team he has helped win three NBA titles and nearly a fourth last month.

The Argentine star writes: "Thrilled to announce that as I always hoped, I'm gonna stay with the @Spurs for two more years."

Ginobili, who turns 36 next month, battled injuries during the season and said he would think about retirement after the playoffs. But he helped the Spurs come within 28 seconds of the championship before falling to the Miami Heat in seven games, and his return ensures their longtime Big Three of he, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker will be in place next season.

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus