Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Children speak up on behalf of their same-sex parents
Rally » Salt Lake City has one of the highest percentages of same-sex couples with children.

< Previous Page

"There are so many different kinds of families," Balken said. "While they may look different, they have so much in common. ... We’re here to commit to create a Utah where all families are valued."

Several opposite-sex couples and single parents also attended the event with their children.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, which heard Utah’s case for reversing Shelby’s decision last month, is expected to issue a ruling in the coming weeks. It could happen any day.

The federal appeals court has put Utah’s historic Kitchen v. Herbert lawsuit on an expedited calendar, meaning they have prioritized it over other pending matters, but there is no set time line for when they might issue a decision.

Regardless of how the judges rule, the case will likely be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.


Twitter: @Marissa_Jae

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.