Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
District proposing higher trash collection fees
Salt Lake County » Council backs increase but wants more data about fee hikes: “How did the budget get so far out of whack?”

< Previous Page

The district also incurred short-term costs switching its trucks from diesel fuel to compressed natural gas, she said, and faces higher expenses for fleet maintenance and employee compensation.


At a glance

Garbage fees

A Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District proposal to increase collection fees by $2 a month (to $14.75) will be the subject of a public hearing Dec. 9 at 6 p.m. at the Salt Lake County Public Works Administration Building, 604 W. 6960 South, in Midvale.

The district serves 80,000 residential and business customers in unincorporated Salt Lake County, Cottonwood Heights, Herriman, Holladay, Taylorsville and parts of Murray.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Twitter: @sltribmikeg

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.