Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Bonds, taxes and city consolidation are on Utahns' ballots
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A variety of ballot issues face voters in some Utah cities on Election Day.

Jordan School District is seeking approval of a $495 million bond to accommodate expected growth. The district serves more than 52,000 children in Bluffdale, Copperton, Herriman, Riverton, South Jordan and West Jordan.

In Orem, two propositions are before voters.

One will determine whether the city should renew the Cultural Arts and Recreation Enrichment (CARE) use tax. That one-tenth of 1 percent tax funds municipal recreational facilities and ongoing operating expenses of private, nonprofit cultural organizations in the city.

The second focuses on whether to implement a property tax adjustment approved by the Orem City Council that would raise an additional $1.7 million a year for municipal operations.

Pleasant Grove voters will cast ballots on whether the city should issue $17 million in bonds to build and furnish a new fire station, police station and justice court facility.

Kaysville residents will vote on two issues involving use of power-department revenues.

First they will decide whether those revenues should be used only to fund power-department operations, including an emergency fund.

Then Kaysville voters will determine if surpluses should be redistributed to customers.

In Carbon County, East Carbon and Sunnyside residents will decide whether the two cities should consolidate.

Find out more about ballot issues at individual cities' websites or at vote.utah.gov.


Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.