Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Herriman taking applications for interim mayor appointment

| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Aug 14 2013 05:24 pm • Last Updated Feb 14 2014 11:32 pm

Want to be mayor of Herriman for a few months? Here’s your chance.

The city is taking applications for an interim mayor to serve the rest of Joshua Mills’ term, which ends in January. Mills resigned effective Aug. 10, citing time constraints.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The City Council has scheduled an Aug. 27 public hearing to appoint a Herriman registered voter to the job.

Applicants must submit a declaration-of-candidacy form to City Recorder Kristi Peterson by the end of the business day on Aug. 26. The forms are available at Herriman City Hall, 13011 S. Pioneer St.

A new mayor will be elected Nov. 5 and take office in January. Unofficial results from the primary held Tuesday indicate Michelle Baguley and Carmen Freeman will face off in that race.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.