Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
House OKs more money to remove Moab tailings, build CUP

< Previous Page

Other projects » Meanwhile, the House passed two Utah-centric measures on Wednesday that will now head to the president for his signature.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

The first would allow a hydropower station to be built on part of the CUP project on the Diamond Fork System that could generate some 50 megawatts of clean, renewable power and raise $4 million in federal revenue in the first decade of operation.

The second, the South Valley Electric Conveyance Act, would direct the Interior secretary to hand over ownership of an electrical system in Utah. The South Utah Valley Electric Service District would then be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the system.

"These two bills will give Utahns more of a say over the resources and entities affecting our state," said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, a sponsor of the measures in the Senate.



Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.