Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
House panel wants to give Utah some land

First Published Apr 24 2013 03:30 pm • Last Updated Jul 07 2013 11:35 pm

Washington • The House Natural Resources Committee on Wednesday advanced five separate bills that would force the federal government to give up small patches of federal land in Utah for other uses.

The bills, sponsored by Republican Reps. Rob Bishop and Jason Chaffetz, all passed unanimously and head to the House floor. The five bills would:

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

• Require the National Forest System to give 100 acres of public land to Fruit Heights for use as a cemetery;

• Allow Brigham Young University to take over Forest Service land where the school’s "Y" is located;

• Direct the Interior Department to give some federal parts of an electric distribution system to the South Utah Valley Electric Service District;

• Trade an acre of state land for an acre of Uintah and Ouray Indian Reservation land;

• Give 420 acres to Utah National Guard for military use at Camp Williams.


story continues below
story continues below

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.