Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Stalemate between Utah Senate, House over prison privatization?
Legislature » Prison-relocation bill bounces between Senate, House as legislators disagree over amendment.

< Previous Page

"This piece of property — it sounds like it’s made of gold," he said.

The House tacked on an amendment by Rep. Patrice Arent, D-Millcreek, to ensure hearings to allow public input as PRADA solicits and vets proposals.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Noel also questioned whether the conflict provision would bar a representative of the Utah Association of Counties from serving as a PRADA board member. The substitute bill bars anyone who is an "officer" of an entity that has a direct or indirect interest in the project — language that could be interpreted to apply to any local governmental entity, Noel said.

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.