Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Time to remove ‘U’ and ‘Y’ from mountains
First Published Jul 10 2014 05:04 pm • Last Updated Jul 10 2014 05:04 pm

What on Earth was up when someone decided it was a good idea to put large hideous initials on a mountain? This is graffiti of the worst type. The "U" on the mountain above the University of Utah and the "Y" on "Y Mountain," as it is ridiculously called, should be removed, as should all other mountainside initials cluttering pristine views of our Utah mountains.

Students and administrators at any school, particularly the U. and Y., or the citizens of any town who suffer the defacement of a pristine mountainside should initiate graffiti removal and restoration plans to clean up unsightly and unnatural initials.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Jerry Conder

Salt Lake City

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.