Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Please let me leave the LDS Church
First Published Jun 27 2014 04:50 pm • Last Updated Jun 27 2014 04:50 pm

I mailed a letter to headquarters on Tuesday to resign my membership, and I got my reply back today. Same as in the past, I was told my letter would be forwarded to the stake president, and he would forward to my to my bishop who would contact me later. I have been down this path before, and I get no contact. So I am still a member of the LDS Church!

What I want to know is how on Earth can an 8 year old sign some bloody contract that states no matter what you cannot leave? Yet there are some who want to stay, like Kate Kelly who gets kicked out, and I cannot even get my name removed peacefully. How can an 8 year old get trapped for life?

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Jan Satterfield

West Jordan

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.