Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Get divorce, Ruzicka, and see how we live
First Published Jun 27 2014 04:50 pm • Last Updated Jun 27 2014 04:50 pm

Gayle Ruzicka says that same-sex couples don’t need a marriage license, or even a civil union, because "a committed relationship doesn’t take a license." (Opponents of same-sex marriage vow to continue fight to Supreme Court, June 26)

Why don’t you prove that, Gayle? Be an example of your own inspired word! Civilly divorce your husband (you can keep your religious union—we’re not talking about religious recognition here) and exist in a "marriage" that’s not legally recognized by the state of Utah.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Because if my husband and I don’t need a marriage license for our committed relationship, then neither do you.

Nicholas Rupp

Salt Lake City

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.