Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Tell Congress you want a carbon tax
First Published Jun 19 2014 04:58 pm • Last Updated Jun 19 2014 04:58 pm

While reducing your own carbon footprint, have you ever had an itch​y​ feeling that you should do more to address global warming? On Monday June 23 you will have an opportunity to scratch that itch and make a small but significant contribution to a solution. That is the day before eight Utah Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL)​ volunteers will visit every Utah member of Congress or their aide.

​As​ proposed in the ​recent​ op-ed ("C​arbon tax the ​B​est ​A​nswer to ​C​limate ​C​hange,"​ June 16), we will advocate for a revenue-neutral carbon tax. The eight Uta​h​ns will join over 600 other CCL ​volunteers from around the country.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

In less than 10 minutes, you can be a political activist. All you have to do is call the​ offices of Sens. Hatch and Lee and your Representative. Ask the receptionist to relay the message that you are concerned about global warming and that you want them to address the issue in Congress. Find your representative by entering your ZIP code at www.house.gov. You can Google your member of Congress to find their phone number, or call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard (202-224-3121).

David Folland, M.D.


Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.