Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
What about church and state overreach?
First Published May 16 2014 04:26 pm • Last Updated May 16 2014 04:26 pm

The people in this state complain about federal overreach, but turn a blind eye to local church and state overreach. They don’t like government intrusion in their lives, but don’t mind when it happens to people who drink alcohol.

They are bothered by public lands, but can’t even follow the logical conclusion that if the state gets the land it will sell it to the highest bidders and lock the land away. Do we want to have to get permission to hunt, hike, camp, bike and travel when we already have virtually unlimited access? Do we want the equivalent of wealthy land barons charging their prices for grazing, recreating, or any other venture?

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Do we really want a single news source where the church controls content?

We need to open our eyes to the overreach happening in our own state. They do not have our best interests at heart.

Greta Hyland

Dammeron Valley

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.