Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Choosing which laws to obey
First Published Apr 25 2014 05:52 pm • Last Updated Apr 25 2014 05:52 pm

I sympathize with Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who is averse to paying grazing fees on public land, and with San Juan County Commissioner Phil Lyman, who wants to illegally drive motorized vehicles on public land, in their actions and pleas to be able to use public land as they see fit.

After all, as true Americans, we should be free to only obey the laws that we agree with.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

I, too, have an issue with laws regulating my use of our public land. I am not allowed to hike with my dog on the public land in Big and Little Cottonwood canyons. To protest this outdated, ludicrous law, I suggest that we choose a day that we all take our dogs up the canyons.

Oh, and bring your guns, in case the government tries to impede our freedom.

Susan Tamowski

Salt Lake City

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.