Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Bishop wants to head House panel to ‘help Utah out’ of public lands
First Published Mar 22 2014 01:01 am • Last Updated Mar 22 2014 01:01 am

Rep. Rob Bishop, who is hoping to land the chairmanship of the House committee that oversees America’s public lands, said, "They own 70 percent of Utah and they control the other 30 percent through Fish and Wildlife and EPA."

Who are they? I thought they were us, the American people. Isn’t this our land? He goes on to say "I can use this, I think effectively, to help Utah out."

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

I hope he doesn’t mean public lands out of our hands and into the hands of special interest groups.

Gerry Rojas

West Valley City




Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment


About Reader Comments


Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Videos
Jobs
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.