Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Taxpayers want Medicaid expansion, not payoffs, legal fees
First Published Feb 13 2014 01:01 am • Last Updated Feb 13 2014 01:01 am

Please stop wasting my money. I am retired living on a fixed income and without all of the deductions, child tax credits and earned income tax credits, I pay the most taxes along with others in my tax situation.

We want the Medicaid expansion because our federal taxes have already paid for it. Gov. Gary Herbert also wasted $13 million of taxpayers money on a pay-off on a road project and now is wasting $2 million more on same-sex marriage (marriage is everyone’s right and nobody’s business other than the bride and bride or groom and groom).

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Taxpayers should not have to pay for the governor’s bad decisions and mistakes.

Gary Kuehn


Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.