Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Legislators should consider other churches’ views
First Published Jan 25 2014 01:01 am • Last Updated Jan 25 2014 01:01 am

Now that the Legislature has received the LDS Church’s official opinion about potential changes to the state’s liquor laws, when do our elected officials check in on the opinions of the other religions in Utah ("LDS Church: Don’t change Utah’s liquor laws," Tribune, Jan. 21)?

The alcohol-policy views of the Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City, the Episcopal Diocese of Utah, and dozens of other churches deserve equal consideration this legislative session.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Unless, of course, those other churches are too busy ministering to their own congregations to worry about how nonmembers choose to socialize.

Nicholas Rupp

Salt Lake City

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.