Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Letter: Drivers inconsiderate, cops are missing
First Published Jan 07 2014 01:01 am • Last Updated Mar 24 2014 11:32 pm

We have been wondering: When did it become legal for all the inconsiderate people on the road to blind the rest of us with their road lights? There is nothing worse than a vehicle with its high-beam lights on, burning a hole in your brain while you are trying to see where you are going and watching for other cars and pedestrians or other hazards on the road.

And what happened to traffic enforcement? The only time you see a cop is after the accident. You could put a cop on any intersection and he would be writing tickets for running traffic signals and stop signs, plus all the other violations, all day long. And I know my tax dollars are being spent wisely when I see a cop transporting his family around in his patrol car.

Join the Discussion
Post a Comment

Lynn Mott

West Valley City

Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Top Reader Comments Read All Comments Post a Comment
Click here to read all comments   Click here to post a comment

About Reader Comments

Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
Staying Connected
Contests and Promotions
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.