Quantcast

Letter: CO alarm saved life of woman, dog

Published October 27, 2013 4:28 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Re "As winter nears, time to install, check CO alarms" (Tribune, Oct. 23): If it wasn't for my CO alarm, I would not be here writing this letter.

A few years back, during a terrific snowstorm, my power was out for three days. The first day, I decided to use my gas log, which I hadn't used for some time. After rallying in the warmth, my alarm went off, "Danger, carbon monoxide poisoning."

Well that alerted me and I quickly turned off the gas log, opened all the windows and doors, letting in the cold air. I had failed to open the flue all the way.

So, if I had not had a CO alarm, I and my little dog would have gone to sleep, never to awaken.

Luana Chapman

Holladay

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus