Music at the Gallivan
During 2012, I traveled to the Salt Lake area twice. On both occasions I found myself downtown attending a concert at the Gallivan Center. I heard the Basin Street Band in February and Lark and Spur last month.
I was so glad to attend these events. That they were free made it all the better, although I would have willingly paid! Some quick observations:
1. The musicians were excellent, professional and polished.
2. The sound quality was very good. The sound filled the room, but impressively, did not kill the eardrums.
3. Having a grand piano at the concerts was a welcome sight.
4. If I were in Salt Lake for a ski trip or business, I would bring friends along to these concerts.
5. The indoor venue is nice. I understand summer shows are outdoors. Could there be an outside show in the winter?
6. Could there be more shows throughout year?
I hope to attend again.
San Jose, Calif.
See more about comments here.