Quantcast
Home » News » Justice
Home » News » Justice

Taiwan news reports carbon monoxide leak killed Mormon missionaries

First Published Aug 24 2014 03:19PM      Last Updated Aug 24 2014 10:18 pm

George Frey | Special to the Tribune Cindy, L, and Greg, R, Thredgold along with their Mormon Stake President Blake Rapier, R, talk about their son Benjamin Thredgold in front of their home on August 23, 2014 of Springville, Utah. Benjamin Thredgold was serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Taiwan and was found dead in his apartment along with another missionary.

Two Mormon missionaries, including Connor Thredgold of Utah, died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their Taipei apartment, according to two Taiwan news agencies.

"Prosecutors found a faulty indoor gas water heater, which they determined to be the cause of the fatal carbon monoxide leak," The Taipei Times reports. The Taiwan News reported the same. No foul play is suspected, according to both news agencies, as well as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Thredgold and 24-year-old Yu Peng Xiong, who had been serving as a missionary since March 2013, were found dead Saturday. Thredgold, of Springville, had been in the country for about three months, his family said.



A Wells Fargo Bank account, under the name Connor Thredgold Memorial Fund, will be set up by the end of the day Monday for the Thredgolds, said family spokesperson Tom McHoes.

mmcfall@sltrib.com

Twitter: @mikeypanda

 

 

 

 

comments powered by Disqus