Construction is expected to bring lane closures or restrictions this weekend to major routes statewide, including Interstate 15, Interstate 80, Interstate 215 and U.S. 6.
The Utah Department of Transportation says the restrictions will include:
• Northbound I-15 near Ogden will be closed at Riverdale Road (Exit 339) from Friday at 11 p.m. to Saturday at 9 a.m. for bridge work. Northbound traffic will be routed east along Riverdale Road to I-84, and then north to return to I-15.
Southbound I-15 at Riverdale Road will be reduced to a single lane from Saturday at 11 p.m. to 9 a.m. Sunday. Heavy congestion is expected.
• Northbound I-15 in Draper will be reduced to two lanes at 12300 South in Draper from 8 p.m. Saturday until 1 p.m. Sunday for pavement repair.
• I-215 at 700 North in Salt Lake City is scheduled to be restricted to one lane in each direction from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for pavement repair.
• The I-15 ramps will be closed at Exit 57 in Cedar City from Saturday at 10 p.m. through Monday at 6 a.m. A new "diverging diamond" interchange is about to open there.
• I-80 between Silver Creek Junction (near Park City) and Wanship will continue to be reduced to one lane in each direction and the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph.
• Lanes on U.S. 6 at milepost 178 near the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon have been temporarily narrowed to 12-feet wide.
UDOT urges motorists to plan for delay in those areas, and use alternate routes if possible.
Also as an early heads-up, northbound I-15 in Lehi is scheduled to close Wednesday from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. All northbound traffic will be detoured off the freeway at Lehi’s Main Street, and back onto northbound I-15 at 2100 North. Crews will be installing a new overhead sign.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.