A fire in a Magna condo complex has killed one pet and forced several occupants to flee.
The fire broke out about 6:50 p.m. Monday in a barbecue a family was using at the Copper Tree Condos, 8046 W. 3405 South. Residents left the building without injury, but one dog died in the fire, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Fitzgerald Petersen.
One second-floor condo was completely destroyed, another was severely damaged, and four lower units sustained smoke and water damage. Residents of all six units were displaced for Monday night, Petersen said.
The Red Cross tweeted it is assisting some of the displaced residents.
Crews had put the fire out as of 9 p.m.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.