A 62-year-old man had been upgraded from critical to serious condition on Monday, two days after accidentally touching a 12,000-volt power line in the backyard of his Murray home.
Deputy Murray Fire Marshal Pat Killian confirmed the man was improved and expected to survive the 7:30 p.m. Saturday near-electrocution at 5341 Allendale Drive (600 West).
Clinton Gaipher reportedly touched the line with a metal pole while attempting to put anti-bird netting over his apple trees. The jolt knocked him off his ladder and onto the ground.
Paramedics found him unconscious but with a heart beat. They rushed him to Intermountain Medical Center, where he remained on Monday.
Fox 13 News reported the man’s family told them that Gaipher could not yet talk, but was getting his points across with hand gestures.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.