Power line nearly electrocutes Utah man
By Michael McFall
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Jul 19 2014 08:25 pm • Last Updated Jul 19 2014 08:29 pm
A pole touching a power line nearly electrocuted a man in Murray.
The 62-year-old man was using a metal pole to put nets over his apple trees, to keep the birds out, when the pole touched a power line, said Murray Police Sgt. Jake Huggard. The shock knocked him off his short ladder and onto the ground about 7:30 p.m.
The man had a pulse when firefighters arrived at the home, near 5300 S. Allendale Drive (600 West). An ambulance took him to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition, Huggard said.
Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
About Reader Comments
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account
. See more about comments here.